Friday 1 April 2016

Stories



Hi there guys! I feel like I haven’t written a post about my thoughts in ages, and I really felt like it today.

You all know I love stories. From books, to movies, to TV series, to musicals… I love to get invested with the characters, to see their evolution, to see what happens to them. I love a good story more than anything.

I’ve wanted to be a writer for God knows how long. I wrote my first story when I was three; I’ve lost it now, but I remember it being an adventure for the main characters on one of my favourite cartoons back then (so I was already writing fanfiction, I’ve never thought of it like that!). I have these amazing ideas for novels that I plan… and then I get bored with them. I just plain abandon them and move on to the next one.

I love writing, but the thing I like the most is the creation process. You get the characters, you give them personalities, relationships, struggles, good memories, bad memories… you give them a story, in the end. And then you mix all those stories and create that complicated network, and you can see it in your head, and new ideas come to your mind as if they were always meant to be, and you just see where everything’s going. And it’s amazing.

But not everything is wonderful, and you all know that the good things always come with the bad things. I just make a story out of everything. I meet or just see someone and I imagine this story in my head, I imagine myself becoming friends with them, us having adventures… and okay, I know this isn’t that bad, but the problem comes when I don’t see someone in a long time and I create this picture in my head of how they are. And then I see them again and I realise they’re not at all what I thought them to be. That’s because I made up a character, forgetting the person. Of course, this is not the worst thing in the world, but it can be problematic and I try to stop doing it. I guess that’s the curse of all the people who love stories. We make a story out of everything!

This love for writing and stories brought me here. I feel like I’ve changed SO much in the two months I’ve been writing this blog! I’ve made some amazing friends, my English has gotten so much better (hey, some English natives told me they thought I was a native too and it made me really happy!), I’ve been able to express a lot… This is my 20th post, and I have now over 1600 views, which is insane. And sometimes I still wonder what makes a post better or worse, why some of them have more views than the others. For example, Easy and Happy, which you can see is my second most read post [update: third now, but still], only has 4 comments! And it still has a lot of views. Sometimes I feel like clicking on my favourite posts so they will have more views and will climb on the list (like Little Me, it’s fadiiiing!), but I never do, because in the end, you’re the ones who decide :) I don’t know, do you ever think about it too? I want to take this opportunity to thank you SO MUCH because my last post had 29 COMMENTS and a lot of views! I went bonkers when I saw all those comments popping up hahaha Thank you so so much!

But we’re getting off the rails, so back to the stories. I guess what happens when I make up stories and situations is just my imagination working. I guess I love stories so much I try to become one.

And as someone very wise once said… (props to you if you get the reference!) “We are all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one!”

If my life has been a story, it surely has had its ups and downs, but it’s been a hell of an amazing story :) And if you feel like yours hasn’t been good all the time, just keep swimming. I swear there is a bright future waiting for you!


A big big hug!


Acqua

19 comments:

  1. I absolutely love writing, too:) I've been writing my blog for almost a month and it's also helping me out to write a lot better. Good luck with your stories, I'm sure they're great<3

    -Maya mayasienna13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes we all are stories :) and we all have the Story of our lives. And I love that part where you said we need to make a good one :) Good luck with your stories girl. Have a nice weekend ! xx
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeees! It's a quote of my favourite TV show and it really got me thinking ^^ Thank you so much! xx

      Delete
  3. This as such a lovely post, I loved it! x
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I identify so much with this post! I want to be a writer too, but a screenwriter. I am always coming up with ideas for films but just like you I find myself getting bored and thinking of the next one! It's definitely a long and hard task to write a story but so worth it in the end!

    Mind checking out my latest?
    http://myfunsizeddlife.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/my-favourite-spring-coats.html

    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad someone else gets it! I absolutely agree, it gives you so much happiness :) I will! xx

      Delete
  5. Damn. I've been putting off this comment for so long... Because the thing is, that blogpost is literally my entire life. Starting one story and then hopping straight to the next. I have always wanted to write, but more than that I wanted to find a story worth telling. I always think I've found it but I haven't. I don;t even know if I'll ever find it. But I can search and dream and... Hope.
    El xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding myself rescuing old ideas back and I'm starting to plan a novel I want to write! I actually had this idea maybe 3 or 4 years ago and I abandoned it. I think it takes time to be able to stick to an idea for months, and you have all the time in the world! Writing fanfiction helped me A LOT with that. It's amazing that we enjoy creating, and in the end I think that's what I am at heart: a creator; but we have to learn to find a balance. Keep working and I'm sure you eventually will! xx

      Delete
  6. Writing fan fiction before it was cool haha ;) I used to be into writing stories when I was younger and I would always spend so long thinking of characters but only ever end up writing a couple of pages before moving on. I love how you said you make stories whenever you meet people, clearly you're very creative! I would never have guessed you weren't a native English speaker from reading your blog, it's pretty perfect!

    catrionaar.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it in my blood hahaha Exactly! Wow, thank you so much! You should tell that to my English teacher hahaha xx

      Delete
  7. So true, I end up finding stories in my note section and it's interesting to defeasance it and find out what I was thinking at the time! No matter how cringy they are haha! Mind checking out my last post? Xoxo
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Haahah I totally get it! I will! xx

      Delete
  8. Love love love this post! Very thoughtful! I had no idea that English isn't your first language - your writing is always perfect!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Didn't you? Oh wow, that is a compliment hahaha I think I'm getting better though! xx

      Delete
  9. Really great inspiring post! I have to ´remember it!!! Congratulations for These really good statistics (is this a word), haha your english is very good but I'm also not a native so I can't say that.
    xxx Thx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your English is really good too! xx

      Delete